Antonio Brown: No Record Of Criminal Incidents Around Miami

MIAMI, FL — While it’s not yet clear whether New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown will play his first game on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, law enforcement agencies around Miami tell Patch they have no record of any incidents involving the football star, who was accused of rape in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday in Miami.

Brown’s former trainer, Britney Taylor, whom he first met at a fellowship of Christian Athletes group at Central Michigan University back in 2010, filed a federal lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida in Miami in which she claims that Brown sexually assaulted her on three separate occasions, two of which allegedly occurred at Brown’s home in Miami-Dade County.

Patch reached out to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office, the Miami-Dade Police Department, Miami Beach Police Department and city of Miami Police Department. But none of the agencies could find any reports of incidents involving Brown and Taylor.

“Having reviewed our records, we found no prior police investigative contacts regarding these allegations or these individuals,” said Ed Griffith of the State Attorney’s Office. “We will be reaching out to the pertinent police agencies to determine if they had any prior contacts or investigations.”

SEE ALSO: Antonio Brown Rape Accusations: 5 Things To Know

Brown denied the allegations through his attorney, Darren Heitner. In a statement, Heitner said the woman reached out to Brown in 2017 shortly after the athlete signed a contract making him the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

“At that time, Mr. Brown was asked to invest $1.6 million dollars in the accuser’s business project,” Brown’s attorney asserted. “Mr. Brown was not informed by his accuser that she had just been levied with a $30,000 IRS tax lien or that $300,000 of the $1.6 million so-called ‘investment’ was to be used to purchase property already owned by the accuser and her mother.”

Brown’s attorney said the football player entered into a consensual personal relationship in 2018. “Any sexual interaction with Mr. Brown was entirely consensual,” he insisted.

Moreover, Taylor went to Brown’s home at 2 a.m., 10 days after one of the three alleged incidents, and later asked Brown for tickets to a Pittsburgh Steelers football game in the winter of 2018.

In a statement released by her attorney, David Haas, Taylor said she has found strength in her faith, family and other survivors of sexual assault.

“As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision,” Taylor said. “Speaking out removes the shame that I have felt for the past year and places it on the person responsible for my rape.” Taylor also said she will cooperate with the NFL and any other agencies.

A spokesman for the NFL declined to comment, but the Patriots said the league told the team it will launch an investigation.

Click Here: Fjallraven Kanken Art Spring Landscape Backpacks

The 31-year-old Brown, a Miami native, was released by Oakland last week after clashing with the team throughout training camp. He agreed to a contract with New England on Saturday but has yet to play for the Patriots.

The first incident involving he and Taylor allegedly occurred at Brown’s home in the Pittsburgh area back in June of 2017 when Taylor was staying with him.

“She was getting dressed in an upstairs bathroom when Brown walked in with his penis exposed,” the lawsuit said. “Brown then grabbed and kissed her without her consent. Ms. Taylor pushed him away and immediately left the room.”

Patriots Coach Bill Belichick declined to discuss Brown’s status for Sunday’s game at Miami though Brown worked out with the team on Wednesday. He deferred to the Patriots’ statement late Tuesday.

“Antonio and his representatives have made statements, so I’m not going to be expanding on any of those,” Belichick said. “They are what they are. We’ve looked into the situation. We’re taking it very seriously all the way through the organization. I’m sure there are questions, but I’m not going to enter into a discussion about that.”

The suit includes what it says are text messages from Brown bragging about a June 2017 incident in which the football player allegedly masturbated on Taylor’s clothing while she was watching a church service on her iPad at Brown’s Miami home.

The lawsuit described another incident in May of 2018 that allegedly took place after Brown and another football player went to a club with Taylor. She said she stopped back at Brown’s Miami home to use the bathroom and eat. But Brown pulled her into his bedroom, according to the suit.

“They chatted for a few minutes, and when Ms. Taylor went to walk out of the room, Brown cornered her and pulled her down on the bed on her stomach, pushing her face down into the mattress,” the lawsuit charged. “She attempted to physically resist, but he pinned her down so that she was unable to fight back.”

The lawsuit accused Brown of raping the woman as he allegedly told her, “You know you want this.”

The lawsuit said Taylor returned to Brown’s home again the following day to gather her personal belongings.

Brown was originally traded from Pittsburgh to Oakland in the offseason. But a bizarre foot injury, fight with the NFL over his helmet, skipped practices, multiple fines, a run-in with general manager Mike Mayock and his social media posts ultimately led to the decision to release him.

Brown agreed to a deal with the defending Super Bowl champions hours after the Raiders let him go, granting his request.

The lawsuit said that Taylor’s account of two of the incidents was confirmed in a polygraph examination conducted by the former head of the FBI’s polygraph program.

The Associated Press contributed to this article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *