The third professional MMA bout of former WWE Superstar turned AEW wrestler Jake Hager ended in controversy on Saturday night at Bellator 231.
During the Bellator MMA event held at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut on Saturday, October 25th, Hager, formerly known as Jack Swagger, saw his third MMA bout end in a “No Contest” ruling.
Hager’s bout with MMA heavyweight fighter Anthony Garrett in the opener on the Bellator 231 televised card on Saturday, the fight was stopped less than two minutes after the action got underway due to Hager landing a hard groin shot on his opponent, the second for him in under 30 seconds.
The referee of the fight, veteran MMA official Dan Miragliotta ruled Hager’s low blows unintentional and thus, because the fight wasn’t able to proceed, it was ruled as a “No Contest.”
Hager represented All Elite Wrestling (AEW) at the Bellator 231 event, as he had an AEW banner in his corner and three of the fellow members of Chris Jericho’s faction, The Inner Circle — Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz — were sitting front row for the fight.
UPDATE: Watch the COMPLETE Jake Hager vs. Anthony Garrett fight — FOR FREE — from Bellator 231 by CLICKING HERE.
- Jim Ross Explains Why He Is “P*SSED OFF” At Seth Rollins’s AEW “Minor Leagues” Comments (MUST READ!!)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom